Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I do

Winter is finally here and its the season to be married!! Just like all other Bangalis, i have millions of weddings to go to this season and unlike all the other bangalis i'm not going to most of them. I am viciously unsocial and see no benefit in meeting new people, which totally defeats the purpose of going to weddings. For unlike the West, or even advanced cultures like India, we do not have bars or pubs or happening places where young people can go to meet other young people of the opposite sex. So if you're in university, you better hope you find a girl there. If you're working, you better hope to have some cute colleagues. Otherwise, the breeding ground of meeting new people is weddings!

This is where all the guys try to look cool and the girls try to be dazzling. Love and sex is in the air and everyone checks out everyone else. And more often then not, two people see each other, a smile is exchanged, a cousin or friend is dragged into making an introduction and the rest is history.

I was never into these things, partly because i never considered myself particularly eye catching and partly because the thought of meeting new girls in weddings never interested me. i was always the sort who waits for the girl to drop into his lap. But i've been to a friend's wedding recently and i have to say i was much pleasured by the scenery. So many young girls and all of them pretty!! made for a highly enjoyable viewing experience. Unfortunately most girls were half my age so i was restricted to viewing only. I didn't mind though. I had good company.

I was actually dreading this wedding season. I wasn't really in a happy state of mind, and i didn't want to go to all these weddings and pretend to be jolly and sociable. But thats the beauty of having goods friends. pretty soon i forgot i was pretending to have a good time and started actually having one. I do believe i will have a great winter!

I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In NO time, YOUR wedding bells will toll and your friends will come together to throw you the biggest bash ever. After everything you've done for them, I don't see why they wouldn't.

I know things have been difficult, with tons happening in your life and in the lives of people you love, but hold on. Better times will come, and soon all of this will be history. You'll be sitting at home with a pretty wife and cute kids (all yours!) and the past will be just that, the past.

Good luck with Z!

Nearvision said...

"all" the pretty girls are half you age. had they been older you would've called them haggards.