Wednesday, April 15, 2009

the bad, the fat, the ugly

Considering that anyone can term me as any of the above, it may confuse people as to why I'm writing about any of that. Some people may squirm because inwardly they agree with me, but to my face they will say nothing. To them, I shall say nothing as well. Because, simply, I don't know who they are.

Fortunately for me, no one knows who I am either. Okay, slight exaggeration, that. Maybe about 5 people know who I am. And that makes me happy. Welcome to my life. But sorry, there's no open window through which you can look in. No peeping holes either. I could pull a George (or Kramer) and take out the peep hole and then replace it backwards, but that serves no purpose in my life, and we all know that I'm a selfish, self centered bugger.

And for those of you who are wondering where all this angst is coming from. It's been there all along. You just didn't see it.

Which brings me to: Did you see how lucky the Afghan men are? They are entitled to sex every three days!! Unless they're traveling, in which case they are entitled to have sex with random people they meet and find irresistible. But ONLY if they find them irresistible. Imagine that in Bangladesh. Or just Dhaka. We'd have one big happy family. The US picked Karzai turned out to be quite a charmer, eh? I personally think his motivations are strictly personal. He's not really looking into releasing the frustrations of Afghan men. He's interested in his own. And given how hot these Afghani women are, can you really blame him? He probably finds the entire female population of Afghanistan 'irresistible'. Including the American soldiers. Who, by now, really are de facto Afghans. Like it or not. Someone should inform them, methinks.

My diet. Is going very well. I am still twixing my way through papers and I discovered the best smoked salmon sandwich (EVER, would say my fat friend) in this city. It's mass produced but man made. Not the salmon. The sandwich. I wish I knew why I was hungry all the time. And I do mean all the time. It's bloody depressing. I just walked for an hour an a half to keep myself away from food. But when CA called me to hang before she ran off to her meeting, I said, wtf let me just get a bite. Just for company's sake. She can't be eating on her own, can she? (Not that I asked her).

I bought a weighing machine. But I was 15 mins late to pick it up, so it'll have to weight till tomorrow. Er wait. My weight is what I don't really want to know but my mother tells me that's the best way to lose weight. By measuring it every single day.

Moral of today's post (just in case you didn't quite catch it): Even FAT UGLY BAD AFGHAN MEN ARE ENTITLED TO SEX and in the US they have abstinence only programs that encourage people to NOT have SEX (which is another post for another day, made more interesting by the fact that my co blogger and I are at complete odds. Why give condoms to 14 year olds? he says. THey're too young to be even having sex. I agree. BUT. They ARE having sex. So we need to deal with it. Telling them to not have sex is not going to change it. Overauling the value system is a good idea, one that Bush tried, for example. But as I said, another post for another day). And the FUNNIEST TAKE on THAT issue is: we have the conservative afghans fighting for their right to NOT have sex while the Americans fight for their right to HAVE sex.
Amader ei tao dekhte holo! So much for it being a personal, private issue. So much for the government deciding what you do on your bed. In your bedroom (preferably).

No comments: