Friday, March 20, 2009

3 holes and 1 love (or maybe 2)

My new love is for: binders. I live by them. Okay, not completely, but close enough. Without binders I would have been in complete disarray. But what I'm still missing is a 3-hole-puncher. They have this gorgeous one at the labs. All you have to do is plug the machine in to the wall (yes, it's electronic!), stick your pile of papers into a slit and hit a button. That is all. How I wish someone would gift me one of those things. Well, actually I can just buy one of those. I'm sure it's cheap on Amazon or something.

I also realized something quite profound. And that is I'm afraid of water bodies. I never used to be. Funnier still is that I realized this when looking at the world on google maps. YES, I know it's dumb, thank you very much. But I had to quickly close it, when the oceans came into view. At first, I didn't like the look of the Hudson River as I tried to follow its path to see where it leads to. And then when I zoomed out, the entire world came into view. It was when I moved continents, that I had to quickly close out. All that blue was suffocating me. Too bad blue's my favorite color. I guess not so much anymore. But I still like blue shirts. Generic taste, I have. But I look good in blue. Or so I like to believe. Reds too. But everyone looks good in red. My best friend in college used to claim I looked good in purple. Purple! I don't know anyone who actually looks good in purple. And if they do look good in purple, it has nothing to do with purple. Red, I think, changes you. So does brown, but in a bad way. I own a brown clingy tshirt which I like, but I look browner in it. It's like white people wearing white - they look too uniform to look good. Especially when they have straw blonde hair. And wear white pants with it.

I also love calculators. I'm glad they were invented. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I know someone who's failing undergrad math, which I would have thought is difficult to do at this age, but no, it's not. In fact it's harder. And I say that only because I'm done with it. If I weren't, I'd probably be too proud to admit that undergrad is difficult business.

No comments: