Saturday, March 14, 2009

Twix and Arizona Iced Tea

I would never write about relationships - that's just not my forte - but I'm compelled to right now, because I am at a loss. I've managed to argue and rant about everything (well, almost) my entire life but this is where I get stuck. Not because I don't have experience, but but because my experiences are so divergent that I cannot compare and contrast. And I never have. No, never. I don't compare current partners with former ones. In any way. What's gone is gone, and it's better that way - that is what I believe in. Not that many people believe me. And those who do probably do it to shut me up. But that's how it is. So between munching on Twix (yes, the chocolate bar and no, I'm not a girl), and gulping down cheap Arizona Iced Tea (the half mango - half tea stuff isn't bad, really) I'm trying to find out what the converging and diverging issues are of those who lost jobs during the mass shutdown of steel mills during Roosevelts' regime, or was it Reagan? One of the Republicans. So now you know I'm really not paying attention to what I'm reading.

And I just remembered - I have a bunch of things to do, things that I had completely forgotten about. So my take on relationships (which I was being compelled to write about) has to wait. Let me grab another chocolate bar, first. So much for compulsions.

No comments: